Tuesday 13 December 2016

Birthday Wishes ....

..... Morning! I've a light, bright and simple birthday card to share with you this morning. It's still quite white outside the house and I decided to take a break from Christmas cards and do something different. So here it is:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Signature Greetings II, Doodlie-do
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Kaleidacolor - Spectrum
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Modern Stationary #1 and #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Melon Mambo; Spectrum Noir Sparkle Brush - Clear

Gloria's card - HLS CASE the Desinger


TOC#72 - Kim's lovely card
I've used a few challenges to come up with the design for this card:

I die cut a mask for the bottom corner of my card and then stamped around it with the lovely outline flowers and leaves. I added colour by using a Kaleidacolor pad. After stamping around the mask, I removed it and stamped the sentiment. I decided to impress a die to give some more definition to the sentiment. I've also added some sparkle to the flowers with a clear brush, but you can't really see it in the photo above. On the inside I cut a mat layer of bright pink card and on the white panel stamped some more flowers and added a greeting.

Happy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had fun making this card and I like the technique - I think I might try it again soon. That's all for now.


signature

12 comments:

Kathyk said...

Love the graduated colours

Kathyk

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful card, great colour scheme!
Elaine

Esther said...

Fab card Deborah! I love the multi-coloured background, and the shaped sentiment area. It's very striking and a super end result. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a darling card!

Susan said...

Such a great design. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

sandie said...

This is a really pretty take on Kim's card, love the outline look and the subtle changes in colour, thanks for joining Time Out

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Gorgeous cheery colours Debs, fun floral doodlie images and a great take with our outline challenge too. What a pleasant change to do birthday instead of Christmas! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Nonni said...

You have used one of my favorite stamps sets ever and I love the way you inked them, great job! Very fun take on our challenge! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Neets B said...

This is such a great design, Deborah. The shape of the mask is really effective surrounding by the multi-coloured stamping.
Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card, Deborah. Love how you have masked off part of your image, and the multi colored inking looks great. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS Case the designer and Time Out.

ÅsaJ said...

Such a cute card! Great CASEd. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Hugs Åsa

Birgit said...

What a fabulous card! So glad you linked it up to the Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer challenge. Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...